Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Idle Thoughts

I've been watching the unfolding saga of Julian Assange of Wikileaks, the sexual assault allegations against him, and the ensuing discussions over the juxtaposition of the two.


Naomi Wolf, Keith Olbermann, and Michael Moore, in particular, have made controversial statements. I leave it to you to google and twitter--no link love from me.

A few thoughts have coalesced for me as I reflect on what I've read:


1. I need to learn to speak for myself only.

2. I need to reflect deeply, and with nuance, about sexual consent, including my own habits of acquiescence.

3. I need to critically examine, as a feminist, what it is I want from men, personally, sexually, politically, socially.

4. Sometimes I assert my right to bodily autonomy rather harshly and severely because I barely believe it is true myself.

Now back to my wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.