Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thar She Blows

by Nikita
A concerned individual threw this my way today as part of a conversation about homosexuality and ordination:
"...You can say you are a Gay Christain, but have you healed anyone?; are the gifts of the spirit present and manifisted (ing). So many words are given why these people cannot become leaders, but the Words of God are plain." [sic]
Ahem. Although there are women who identify as gay, I am not one of them. I identify as queer (lower case). The rest of my response...thank you for your kind words and clear concern for my spiritual welfare. Today I brought the living Word to a thirsty congregation, helped my son with a book report and baked brownies. As for healing, I believe that is a work of the Spirit and refer you to John 3:8, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Thar she blows. And now I'm going to go eat hot, gooey brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.