Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent(il) Soup


It's all @iBelin's fault, but I gave up meat and dairy for Lent. So that means legumes and beans and stuff--things I didn't really grow up eating if I could help it, and things I've never really cooked before.



This lentil soup recipe from Dove's Eye View turned out wonderfully, although I only had yellow lentils. I added vegetable stock and plenty of lemon, and it's exactly what I hoped for! A little couscous to go on the side topped it all off. And the best part is there is plenty of soup for several days.



No comments:

Post a Comment