Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Friday, March 4, 2011

Snickerdoodles and the Queer Agenda


I'm probably not supposed to tell you this, but item II.A.ix on the Queer Agenda is "Eat Snickerdoodles.

Ahem.

Here is a link to the recipe I used to create the cookies in the photo, over at the blog Not Without Salt by Ashley. I always look for my recipes on blogs because they come with commentary and suggestions. Ashley added to her recipe a little vignette of how her husband made these cookies for her. Some days I need to hear that people are making relationships work in small, sweet ways. Click on the link, make some cookies, and share in the joy Ashley and her husband created.

Blessings!

Katie

Also, my friend George wrote this poem over on
Facebook after seeing the cookies:

"Making Relationships Work"

For Katie

Maybe bears
“Make their relationship work”
By sleeping half the year.

And maybe salmon make
“Their relationship work”
By dying after spawning.

And maybe eagles
“Make their relationship work”
By doing death-defying freefall
Before the eggs are laid.

But maybe we humans
Can make our relationships work-
Be it friendship or politics
Or commerce or love-
By doing small things like
Carrying out the trash,
Putting the toilet seat down,
Or baking cookies by surprise.

If none of those things work,
There is always Wild Kingdom.

George R. Pasley
March 4, 2011
Ketchikan, AK

1 comment:

  1. I love your observation about folk making relationships work in small ways

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.