Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Monday, August 29, 2011

Subject: Anathema

Snorkel Chute Curbside Mailbox

I received this email this afternoon, and am passing it on to you, lovely readers, minus the gentleman's signature.

I pass it on to you, in part, so that many of you will know you are not alone. And I pass it on, in part, so that I will know I am not alone. These words are the reason I have considered leaving the PC (USA) several times, and they are one of the reasons I stay here, with my feet firmly planted in the ground. These words are the reason I am wary of all PC (USA) affiliation groups with conservative, evangelical, orthodox, or renewal bents.

These words caused me pain on a day when I could ill afford it.


I am closing this post to comments and simply allowing these words to hang in the air.


To the gentleman who wrote them: The peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ, be with you. Now and always. Amen.

The subject line read "Anathema"
You are a disgrace to the faith.  You are an unrepentant sinner in the eyes of God and He does not forgive the unrepentant.  If you are a Presbyterian leave the denomination and take your lack of obedience somewhere else.   It is queers like you who have denigrated this denomination and have said:  "I will rather have half of a dead baby than none of a live and healthy one."

You personally are a disgrace.   And you and your ilk have caused me to be ashamed of my denomination.


With no respect for you,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Retired PC(USA)