Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Intimate Violence: Frog Husk

'Frosche in Bauch und Ruckenlage'
 (Frog on Back and Front)
Once when I was sleeping
     and once when I was sick
          and once behind a door I'd hid behind
You'll like this
     it's good for you
          you need to learn
               shh, just lie back
Asked to choose 
     between the scorpion and the spider
          dead anyway regardless
Like the dried husk of a frog I once saw
     eaten from the inside by ants
          skin intact, flawless
               but crumbled at a touch

_______________________________________


Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing;
     O Lord, heal me, for my bones are shaking with terror.
My soul also is struck with terror,
     while you, O Lord—how long?

Turn, O Lord, save my life;
     deliver me for the sake of your steadfast love.
For in death there is no remembrance of you;
     in Sheol who can give you praise?

I am weary with my moaning;
     every night I flood my bed with tears;
     I drench my couch with my weeping.
My eyes waste away because of grief;
     they grow weak because of all my foes.

Depart from me, all you workers of evil,
     for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping.
The Lord has heard my supplication;
     the Lord accepts my prayer.
All my enemies shall be ashamed and struck with terror;
     they shall turn back, and in a moment be put to shame.

~Psalm 6

11 comments:

  1. Such powerful words, Katie. And terrifying as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words. Just horror and sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Katie, for letting us sit with you here in vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete
  4. share more Katie dear....how you overcame terror to trust in God. Speak your truths for all of us. We long to hear your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So powerful Katie. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From terror you have made beauty. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the psalms. They make it okay to rail against the horrors of life, okay to be mad at God, okay to cry and cry and cry. I don't think I could be Christian with out them.

    (I guess your plea for comments killed the crickets!!)

    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of the depths...

    Keep speaking your truth, Katie.

    You are seen; you are heard; you are loved.

    And you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.