Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Linda 1941-2011

Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle.
Everything I do is stitched with its color.
~W.S. Merwin

I led a memorial service tonight for a woman I do not know, with people I'd never met, in a place I'd never been. The spiritual life and practices of Linda or her chosen family and friends is unknown to me. I did a quick google search for her name and couldn't find anything. So I thought I would mark a space here on the internet and to simply say that she lived and died among friends and that we gathered together to pray and remember her life. 

Everybody said she had a wonderful smile.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the communion of saints, Linda. May they hold you precious.

    ReplyDelete