Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Monday, March 12, 2012

Art Journal, March 12-18, 2012


Art meditations on a daily lectionary: March 12-18, 2012.


Friday, March 16, 2012
"Creamed Corn" on  Ephesians 1:9
...he has made known to us the mystery of his will...



















the rest of the week after the jump


Wednesday, March 14, 2012
"Flesh Song" on Psalm 84:1-2
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Hosts! My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.






















Tuesday, March 13, 2012
"The Bear and The Beloved" on 2 Chronicles 29:1
Hezekiah began to reign when he was twenty-five years old.


















Monday, March 12, 2012"The Casualties of Worship Wars" on 1 Corinthians 3:11
No one can lay any foundation other than the one that has been laid. That foundation is Jesus Christ.


 
 "As morning appeared, the woman came and fell down at the door of the man's house..." (Judges 29:26) Did she yet live when the Levite cut her?



Previous journals:

One way to start an art journal:


1) The night before read through the daily lectionary passages for the morning. Here's a daily lectionary.

2) Pick out a short phrase from the passages that catches your attention. Sometimes this takes more than one read. Write the phrase on a page in your journal.

3) Sleep on it.

4) In the morning pick up the journal and your pens and pencils. Start to doodle. Stick figures, lines, impressions, thoughts--anything that comes to mind. If other scriptures connect add them to the paper. If other thoughts connect, write them down. Color in your doodles, bracket off scriptures with lines and designs. There's no right way to do this. And therefore no wrong way, either.

5) Don't worry about whether a Hebrew or Greek scholar would agree with your interpretation.

6) Enjoy your art.

2 comments:

  1. oh my. I knew this story (Judges) existed but had never read it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the ugliest stories in scripture.

      Delete