Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Monday, March 5, 2012

Laughter

From The Church of the Advocate
in North Philadelphia


Once a therapist 
     asked me to scream.
I explained patiently 
     that I don't scream.
He asked what I do 
     on roller coasters.
I told him 
     I laugh and laugh and laugh.
He said, 
     "What wonderful adaptation."

2 comments:

  1. That is precisely what I do on rollercoasters. I tried to scream once and it just felt all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me exactly. Except I laugh in just about any stress. While it can make bad situations uncomfortable, it just feels so much better than screaming.

    ReplyDelete