Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Street Manners

Tonight, as I was jogging in a residential neighborhood, I met a black man in a hoodie.


As it turns out, tonight, while walking in a residential neighborhood, this man met a white woman in a hoodie.


Our eyes met. I don't remember who smiled first, but mine was the first nod.


"Good evening," I panted (since I was jogging).


"How are you?" he asked.


"Fine! And you?" I replied as I neared him.


"It's a beautiful night," he said.


"Mmmhmm" I answered as I passed him.


Street manners.


2 comments:

  1. This is so simple and so beautiful. Wish the media had more of this kind of writing. We might be a kinder society to each other. Thanks for sharing.
    Janet Bohren

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the best parts of going out for a jog, is who you're gonna meet along the way.... (I was in my hoodie today too).

    ReplyDelete