Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Friday, June 15, 2012

Olfactory Games

smell
     is a peculiar wonder 
          bringing memories
[wanted and unwanted]
[dead or alive]

the smell of a library
     is life
[that of a certain man, death]

smell brings taste
and I did not want to taste that
     like vinegar
     or like the aloe juice my mother had me drink once

I need to bake some bread

1 comment:

  1. Or smell brings back remembrances of long ago and hauntingly , but unidentified, aromas that embellished ou youth.

    ReplyDelete