Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Christmas Meditation

Sheep
A Christmas Meditation:
“There can be no sanitization here, or something of the divine essence will be lost—it is not the genetically modified, metaphysical Son of God that declares the divine-human conjunction, but the screaming baby born amidst the cow shit and fleas, covered in his birthing blood and received into the uncertain arms of his child/mother, who declares salvation for all...the divine is earthy, messy and partial and is to be found there in all its glory, not in splendid doctrine stripped of all humanness.” 
~Lisa Isherwood & Marcella Althaus-Reid, “Queering Theology,” The Sexual Theologian: Essays on Sex, God and Politics (New York: T&T Clark, 2004), 7.

1 comment: