Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Laugh Lines II*


possibilities exist
even in the gray strands
filling in the amber honey
that my father
used to call
dishwater blonde

your eyes are like pools
cesspools


Il faut souffrir pour ĂȘtre belle

I think he said that about my braces

I have forty-one years
are stretch marks beauty?

a stretch mark
crawled out of his own bed
like a question mark
"Hey mom, wanna snuggle?
Just for a little bit?"

sweet as honey
and just as annoyed
to find himself
in a poem

And I think
I am not dead yet.



*first Laugh Lines post here

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem made me smile, cackle, sigh, and hmmm. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.