Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Friday, November 1, 2013

striae gravidarum

I said once
I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS.

it's hard now
to remember what
I was not forgetting
it takes effort to draw
forth images
that once plagued
my eyes
my thoughts
my heart
my body

NEVER FORGET.

some implication that I
might forgive

if I forget
and Lord knows forgiveness
was
not
asked
for
so I retain my claim

I WILL NEVER
FORGET

discomfitted by
the thought that I
do not possess
sole ownership of the events
his memories
intricately woven through mine
what does he see??

NEVER

long as I cling to
image
smell
sound
color
memory
I am bound to deed
and man
evil
dancing
in
the
back
of
my
eyes

I write this to push you out
I write to forget

FORGET

No comments:

Post a Comment