Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Sunday, January 19, 2014

With Respect and Gratitude

I did not preach today, and I surely missed it. I love to preach, and if you give me a pulpit, I will go on a bit. But tomorrow we celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr., and here are a couple of sermons I have preached either about him or borrowing bits of his work.

Find your own way to honor this man tomorrow. And then honor him the next day. And the next. Until we have realized even one tenth of his many dreams for this world.

On Being at Table and Respect (8/29/10, New Covenant Presbyterian, Mt. Laurel, NJ)


The Deliberate Cultivation of Beauty (1/16/11, New Covenant Presbyterian, Mt. Laurel, NJ)

A Shift In Posture (9/1/13, Covenant Presbyterian, Trenton, NJ)



And a couple of posts/sermons about race, racism, and our part in it:

Of Difference & Anxiety in the Church (2/21/10, New Covenant Presbyterian Church, Mt. Laurel, NJ)

Unzippered In Church (11/7/10, New Covenant Presbyterian, Mt. Laure, NJ)

Transgender Day of Remembrance: A post about Larry King (11/20/11, excerpts from a sermon preached at Plainsboro Presbyterian, Plainsboro NJ in 2008)

White Women Do (12/8/11)


Street Manners (3/31/12)

Kissing Girls & Other Playground Games (6/15/13, on a discussion of racism at Tony Jones' blog)

A Certain Child Was Going Home From the Corner Store... (7/14/13, Ewing Presbyterian Church, Ewing, NJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment