Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Saturday, March 29, 2014

About Wednesday

But I trust in you, O LORD; 

          I say, “You are my God.” 
My times are in your hand.

~Psalm 31:14-15


I am not grateful for all my days, O Lord.
No, I am not.
I am not grateful for Wednesday in the slightest.
It was probably on a Wednesday when you walked away from Cain's offering

It was probably on a Wednesday when you had something to say about Bathsheba
It was probably on a Wednesday you struck Paul blind

But Thursday was too busy to be distraught over Wednesday
And Friday had its own possibilities and delights.
And today, well, I am grateful for today
Grateful that if my times are in your hands,
at least you saw fit to include today.

The day started with my dearest friend















We had coffee, like we always do. And then we went to the market.
















The baklava guy said if you eat a piece a day for a week you'll lose 10 pounds. I'm going to try this.


He was followed by the pastry gal who didn't even try convince me. But she didn't have to either.

How could I pass this up, tho?


We walked it all off, I'm sure


And now all I need to do is find some guy named Ron


In the afternoon I spent a few hours scraping baseboard glue off a wall so we can paint it tomorrow. It was the perfect meditative activity to take my mind off my ceaseless, repetitive worries--scraping glue was just frustrating and focusing enough to take my mind off Wednesday, which I am still not grateful for.



And then I went to worship at the Judah Fellowship, where my friend, the Rev. Shanea Leonard, was preaching. Judah Fellowship is a justice-focused community that affirms and celebrates lgbtq folk. 

Today, Pastor preached a WORD from Genesis 32, about Jacob wrestling with the angel by the river. She grabbed hold of our souls and shook loose some things that needed loosing. 

"God has moved Jacob to a point of expectancy, but he sits there in a position of hesitancy, because he does not realize that he is sitting smack dab in the middle of God's will."

Oh, I wish she hadn't a said that. But I'll be thinking on it all week.



And then Derrick and I finished the day out with Mexican food, my always favorite.

Oh, yes, I am grateful for this day.
May I remember on Wednesday to also say
But I trust in you, O LORD;
       I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hand.


Even if I don't really mean it on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment