Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Thursday, March 13, 2014

CAPS CAPS CAPS*

Then Peter came and said to him, ‘Lord, if another member of the church sins against me, how often should I forgive? As many as seven times?’ Jesus said to him, ‘Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy times seven.
~Matthew 18:21-22

Are you quite certain,
O Great and Mighty One
that you want to deal with me
after a lifetime of seventy times seven?
Is your bucket large enough
to hold the bile I'm going to vomit

at your pearly, pristine gates?
If another member of the church
then seventy times seven?
490 times?
Do you know how many church members there are?
Do you know how often we try one another without mercy or remorse?
Seventy times seven
490
times
seventy times seven
church members
240,100 times then
that's what you're really saying
It ain't all the cross
but enough tiny cuts
and a person bleeds out anyway
maybe you weren't here long enough to know.
Is your bucket big enough?
Is your heart big enough?
When I get there and raise my hand
not in question, but fury and rage
will you turn YOUR cheek?

If Lent is for ashes and sackcloth
are you joining us, Holy One?

*post title comes from this vine. https://vine.co/v/hIntHMhlaVd
h/t My friend Ashon. Been singing this all week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.