Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Monday, March 10, 2014

Let Me Breathe

Your hands have made and fashioned me

~psalm 119:73


80 verses to this psalm
about arrogance
and wickedness
blamelessness and keep precepts

open my eyes!
rebuke the insolent!
my soul clings to the dust
revive me according to your word

your hands have made and fashioned me

how often I forget that

a pastor* said yesterday:
"Don't take nothing from that old way of life
that ties you down to that old way of being."

I have dragged through the wilderness
lies
projections
distortions
wrapped tight around wrists, ankles, choking
my breath

Let me breathe
they may have back this silver

your hands have made and fashioned me


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.