Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mara on the Half Shell

‘Call me no longer Naomi Pleasant
   call me Mara Bitter,"
   for the Almighty has dealt bitterly with me. 
 I went away full,
   but the Lord has brought me back empty;
why call me Naomi Pleasant
   when the Lord has dealt harshly with me,
   and the Almighty has brought calamity upon me?’

~Ruth 1:20-21


from Miami University Library

Can I be a half Mara?
A Mara on a half shell?
Mara, Mara, quite contrara?

Half empty, half full
Is it worse when you cannot deny the joy?
46 days of Lent and
Already I am tired of the angst
On day 8.
Give me Easter!
Give me Naomi!
Let me bliss out to new life, O God;
It is not ME
Clinging to the old.
Give me Easter.

I woke weeping for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment