Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Friday, March 14, 2014

What Dreams May Come

On the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, he made a feast for all his servants, and lifted up the head of the chief cupbearer and the head of the chief baker among his servants. He restored the chief cupbearer to his cupbearing, and he placed the cup in Pharaoh's hand; but the chief baker he hanged, just as Joseph had interpreted to them. Yet the chief cupbearer did not remember Joseph, but forgot him.
~Genesis 40:20-23


And what did it matter anyway? Did Joseph cause the cupbearer to be restored? No he did not. A fifty fifty chance of being right anyway! Any fool in the dungeon could have interpreted that dream, surely. How would it help Joseph to be known as one who interpreted dreams? The cupbearer nudged
his drinking buddy slyly and said, "I guess if he'd paid a little less attention to Potiphar's wife's dreams he wouldn't be there anyway, eh?" And they laughed the laugh of those who know they are right in their wrongness.

The little cuts. The tiny jabs. The insignificant betrayals. The way we think our pieces of copper don't add up to silver. 

And yet on the third day, you restored the cupbearer. Perhaps the baker is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment