Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chasing Ghosts

He called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it. For what will it profit them to gain the whole world and forfeit their life?
~Mark 8:34-36



I don't quite know how it happened, but I fell in love with this Jesus in whom I never quite believed. What a strange decade! I've found such freedom in this way of life.

But forgive me, old friends. I left many of you behind, chasing after this Spirit.

It is a strange thing to love a ghost, even a Holy Ghost. 
Insubstantially solid. 

Unshakeably nothing. 
Like spider webs.

Like stepping off a cliff into nothingness
spinning spinning spinning
wrapped in finest cloth
light and sleepy
like the morning
when anything is possible.

Forgive me for becoming incomprehensible
I barely understand myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment