Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Monday, April 7, 2014

Chunky Milk

What do mortals get from all the toil and strain with which they toil under the sun? For all their days are full of pain, and their work is a vexation; even at night their minds do not rest. This also is vanity.
There is nothing better for mortals than to eat and drink, and find enjoyment in their toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God; for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?

~Ecclesiastes 2:22-25

I was out walking last night and noticed that the new bubble tea/fro yo place had gone out of business already. It can't have been around more than a couple of months, and I was sad for the people who started it up and then shut it down. It's hard to have dreams fall flat.



















Yeah, I been there. More than once I've put out a for rent sign in the windows of my soul. After my last set of broken dreams I mustered the strength for one more grand effort to get on my feet. But I
knew that was all I had left--if it hadn't worked, plan B was pretty drastic.

As I stood there last night, taking this picture, I saw my shadow:

























and I wondered, am I the cross that Jesus bears? Is that me crucified? 
meh. It's just a shadow on an early spring night.
no, but really, am I the cross?

I rested and woke and the day held promise
which quickly turned sour 
the way milk sours after too long
chunky
my husband used to tell people old milk was fine
you just have to strain it
so that was my day
except I didn't have a filter
my day was old, chunky milk.

and still, my day was better than this ladybug's:

























poor creature, caught in a spider web on the dining room light
it flailed about, beating it's wings against the glass
it finally broke free and dropped
stunned
to the dining room table.
I saw its little legs flailing and flipped it over
but I expect it's a goner

so my day was better than that.

and at the end of the day I had new friends over
I made tacos
and guacamole
I used the smoked paprika Shahn told me about
we had ice cream sandwiches because
although I was going to make a chocolate mousse,
it was more important to clean the bathroom
and we couldn't have both.

and at the end of the day, it's all a chasing after the wind
and vanity to think otherwise
so, best to eat and drink
and find enjoyment in my work

and at least my bathroom is clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment