Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Grits

[Kitchen utensils hanging below a spice rack
with mint, caraway, thyme, and sage jars]
I never liked grits my whole life long
even the name sounded like dirt
until one day
a friend of a friend made grits
the way they are supposed to be made
salt
butter
cream
like my mother would have made grits
if she made grits
which she didn't

I don't know if it is worse to never like grits
so that I could simply pass them by
with rude indifference
or to have tasted the grit divinity
that man created
and to long for what cannot be recreated

darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.