Important Disclaimer

Since I currently have several employers/supervisors/churches/etc., please know that none of the words on my blog represent them or their beliefs. This blog is my own creation.

It also does not represent my children's perspective, nor my mother's; they think I am funny, but misguided.
(Quick update: only my mother thinks I'm funny now.)

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Gird Up Your Loins

Guest Preacher Socks
Sermon from today, June 21, 2015

This is just audio. Not sure if or when I will transcribe it.
It isn't enough, this sermon, or our prayers, or our dearest, heartfelt wishes. But let us build on those and change the world through the work of our hands and the love of God.

Particularly, this is a call to mostly white folks to take up their tools at hand (whatever's in your purse, backpack, the trunk of your car), to do the ministry that is right in front of you. Embrace communities and people of color as your own. That is our beginning. Our next step
in a long road ahead of atonement and reparations.

And as we go, may we remember in particular, the names of our slain sisters and brothers on June 17, 2015 at Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, SC:

The Rev. Clementa Pinckney
The Rev. Sharonda Coleman-Singleton
Cynthia Hurd
Tywanza Sanders
Ethel Lance
Susie Jackson
Depayne Middleton Doctor
The Rev. Daniel Simmons
Myra Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.